Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Grillin'

Shrike's off work today, and although I'd expected to work til 7:00, I was able to get away around 6:00 pm. (Yay!)

Shrike went to the grocery today and picked up, among other things, a steak and a potato and some veggies and marinade, and when I got home we fired up the grill for the first time this season.

One lesson that I thought we'd learned last year, but evidently didn't: If you hang on to Matchlight charcoal all winter, the lighter fluid that it's soaked in (I assume that's how it works; that's how it smells) will evaporate, and by the next summer, it's just regular old pain-in-the-ass-to-light charcoal.

Please remind us of that next year.

It's been hotter than hell here lately. (Really, upper 90s. But not 99% humidity, like you get with upper 90s in Texas, so I guess I can't complain.)

However, between the rain earlier in the evening and the fact that it was 7-8-9 o'clock at night, it was quite lovely while we were out there.

After dinner, walked the dogs, then came home for dessert - strawberry shortcake with ice cream. (I have mine minus the strawberries, because I can't handle those teeny little seeds. Ick.)

A very nice evening, all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?