Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Wordless Wednesday #59: Mothers' Day

I think these are our first official Mothers Day gifts (not counting those from the pups and kitties in past years).


They are from LadyKay and her kiddos (thanks!) and arrived yesterday.

(Oops, were we supposed to wait til Sunday to open them?)

We're assuming that the "Mama" one is for me, and the "Mommy" one is for Shrike, since that's what Peeper will call us, respectively.

(Until s/he is too old/cool to have a "Mommy," then Shrike will be "Mom").

However, upon further consideration, it occurred to us that, personality-wise, they fit better the other way around, because I'm the bossy, controlling bitch and Shrike is more likely to be randomly pissed off and making everyone else's life hell.

(Love you, honey!)

So, I guess we'll just share them both, as we do everything in this way-more-enmeshed-than-can-possibly-be-healthy-but-it-works-for-us-so-fuck-you-if-you-don't-like-it life of ours.

Learn more about Wordless Wednesday.

6 comments:

  1. And I adore you my little bossy bitch

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome. Yes, "Mama" is for you and "Mommy" is for Shrike, but you are allowed to share them according to who is feeling bossy/bitchy that day. :D

    As a side note, I had a "Because I'm the Mommy..." mug for years, that I do believe that you gave me. I loved that mug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our b-day card and Mother's day cards are in route, with the gifts combined with the b-day gifts. If it were not for the momentousness of the occasion-your first Mother's day, I would not have found time to shop for even a card! But this is too big. And I am still ticked off at Daddy for not recognizing Mother's Day for me when I was a week overdue with Ladykay because "why would I get you anything for Mother's Day. You are not a mother yet." Forty eight years and I still remember! Happy Mother's Day to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man...a week overdue and still no Mother's Day gift. Anonymama...I hope he made it up to you on other Mother's Days. :-)

    Love the mugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymama -
    I told that story to some folks at work just the other day - and the punchline is always, "It's been fourty-eight years, and she's still pissed off, so today I told them that I wasn't exaggerating about that, because you'd brought it up again!

    Today, I conferenced with a parent whose daughter (her oldest) was born May 10, which was Mother's Day that year.

    She came about two weeks late, after about 36 hours of induced labor and, finally, a c-section.

    After she was born, the grandpa (mom's dad) handed her a mother's day card and the dad (no longer mom's husband) said, "Oh, I didn't even think about that."

    So, I told her you story, and she sympathized completely.

    She's only had to be mad for about ten years, but she certainly understood why you still would be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And she is not married to him anymore, either.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?