Monday, May 19, 2008

100% All Natural Hormones (Finally)

I took my last estrogen shot on Saturday, and my final prometrium last night, so Peeper, placenta and I are now flying free on just the hormones that we're producing ourselves - for the first time in months.

I was trying to figure out how long it's been, and I guess it depends on how you look at it.

For the IVF itself, I started on birth control pills January 18, then went right into few days of Lupron, then estrogen for a couple of weeks, then estrogen/progesterone for two months, then estrogen/prometrium for a couple more weeks - four solid months of hormones.

But, before that, I had only had a couple of weeks off after the estrogen and progesterone of the mock cycle, and before that, three cycles of Clomid and/or injectibles followed by prometrium, and even before that, two unmedicated cycles with a couple of weeks of prometrium.

So, basically, I've been taking some sort of hormones almost continually, with no more than a couple of weeks off at a time, since mid-July.

So, as crazy as my hormones may be over the next several months - I am at least happy to say that they are my own now!

1 comment:

What say you?