Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Pick-a-Nick

Nothing really exciting to tell from today, except that Shrike and I had a lovely picnic dinner in the park.

I think I've mentioned before that the town where she works is between my work town and home, so I often stop by for dinner when I get off early enough.

At first, we'd throw something in the microwave and hang out in the lunchroom at her work, but that got old fast, and she prefers to get away for a while.

So, then, we'd gotten in to the habit of going out to dinner - usually either Taco Bell or Chinese or a new little Mexican restaurant near the Chinese buffet, but that's starting to get pretty pricey.

So, today, the weather was so nice, we decided that I'd pick us up some dinner at the local gas station / convenience storage / made-to-order fast food establishment (which has surprisingly yummy food, although it doesn't really help with the "pricey" thing - but it's a start) and we took it to the local park for a picnic.

We ate, then walked around by the pond/lake/body of water and watched the ducks and geese and freakishly large fish - and the other people who were watching and feeding them.

Then I had to take her back to work, which sucked, but it was a nice little bright spot in my day.

And hers, too, I hope.

1 comment:

  1. It is the trifecta: I get to see you (best of all), I get away from work (next best of all) and I get to eat something good instead of a damned Hotpocket which thinking about makes me want to throw up. Big Galoot or Perfect Pup is going to have to learn how to cook. Hmm, judging by the things Big Galoot eats, we'll leave the cooking to Perfect Pup. If she rolls in it, don't eat it!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?