Friday, April 18, 2008

Peeper Parts

You can't see them in the photo, but here are some other parts that Peeper has (or will have by the end of the weekend), according to this very cool website: www.visembryo.com:

  • Eyelids (starting to form)
  • Pulmonary artery and aorta (separating from each other)
  • Nipples! (this one just freaks me out, for some reason)
  • Kidneys - producing urine (Oh my God, my baby is peeing inside me! Possibly weirder than nipples.)
  • A genital tubercle (will become the fun parts - too bad s/he's not allowed to use them til s/he's thirty), urogenital membrane (to become the rest of the fun parts?) and anal membrane (I so want to to call someone an "anal membrane" - much classier than "immature asshole.")
  • Elbows! Wrists! Almost fingers!
And, coming soon (over the next week) to an embryo in me:
  • Semicircular canals
  • Gonads (see above, re "not allowed to use them!")
  • Knees! Ankles! Almost toes! With nails!

It just seems bizarre that things like nipples and finger/toenails would develop this early.

Like putting up wallpaper before you've finished building the roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?