Friday, April 18, 2008

Peeper Update

We got another look at Peeper today, and s/he's doing great!

Shrike will scan the ultrasound photo at work this evening, and I'll post it as soon as she sends it to me.

S/he's looking a lot more humanoid and you can (sort of) identify a head and two little arms in the photo!

Dr E said that s/he looked kind of like a gummi bear on the ultrasound and, according to Amalah, that's about how big s/he is, too.

We've now officially "graduated" from the fertility clinic and I've been released to my regular OB, and a perinatologist (high risk OB).

I've got an appointment with Dr B (my regular OB) on May 8, and will see the perinatologist on May 14, for the nuchal translucency ultrasound, bloodwork and a thorough going-over.

I'll probably see him (her? I didn't think to ask!) about once a month after that.

As predicted, it's very exciting to "graduate" and move on to the next phase, but we will really miss the girls at the fertility clinic.

With very, very few exceptions, they've all been incredibly helpful and great to work with, and they made our baby, so you know, that's kind of a big thing.

They did say to stop by and visit when I'm big and fat, and to bring Peeper to see them when s/he gets here.

They don't see patients on Friday afternoons, so Dr E said that's a good time for visiting because a> they have the time to stop and talk and 2> I won't be flaunting my big belly or my tiny baby in front of the patients who've not yet been as lucky as we have.

(And, yes, we do realize how very, very lucky we are.)

In the meantime, I don't know how I'm going to survive for at least three or, more likely, four weeks until our next check on what's going on in there.

It's very exciting, though, to think about how much more we'll be able to see at twelve weeks, and how Peeper is actually going to look like a tiny little person by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?