Monday, April 21, 2008

Guest Post: Shrike's Dog-Walking Adventures

By Shrike

No dead animals today.

We walked in the direction of the nest with goose eggs in it. Oh yeah, we did see the wild turkeys that we only heard the other day. Both dogs took off after them. But they both came back before panic set in.

It rained all day yesterday so the creek they play in was louder and more swollen than usual.

Big Galoot got in and swam around like everything was normal. Poor Perfect Pup though.

She went down to the water's edge to get a little drink. But where she went, she usually wades in up to maybe her ankles in water. Well, not today. Today she fell in and the water was where she would have had to swim if she hadn't immediately jumped right back out, scrambling up the bank.

She was raised with three cats after all (Big Galoot must have formed his water preferences before we got him), so she was very unhappy to find that she was up to her neck in water.

And me laughing at her did nothing to improve her mood, I am sure.

I did apologize to her afterwards for laughing, so I am not totally on her shit list.

But she still might kill me in my sleep, though she seems in a good enough mood if not a little tired.

4 comments:

  1. You're lucky that her bad hips keep her from being able to get up into our bed.

    Although, she might bribe Galoot with an extra treat, and have him kill you for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, not Big Galoot, he loves me too much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. True.

    Oh yeah, and I'll protect you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well after today, they are a little mad at me because there were no dogwalking adventures. But I know where the hotdogs are. And dogwalking adventures will hopefully resume tomorrow before lawnmowing adventures. Shoot I could walk them in the jungle that is the backyard.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?