Monday, April 28, 2008

Dog Gone?

Don't worry, everyone is safe at home, where they belong.

Now.

But . . . .

Earlier this evening, I sat down on the couch to watch some TV. BoyCat was in my lap, and the dogs were in the backyard.

Or so I thought.

Just as I got comfortable, some movement outside the front window caught my eye.

I looked, and saw a glimpse of BigGaloot's tail passing by.

What the fuck?!?

I opened the front door and there he stood, looking like he was about the ring the doorbell and offer to sell me some cookies or tell me about Jesus or something.

I put on some shoes and checked the yard. PerfectPup was, of course, still in the yard, but I did find an area of hinky fence, which is where I'm sure he got out.

The fence is split-rail, with a wire mesh. In this one spot, not only is the top rail un-nailed and down on one side, but the mesh is pushed out at the bottom, right by a dug-out area.

Ack!

I moved some old plant pots in front of the pushed-out area, to block it off, and propped up the rail and hoped for the best.

They are out there again, and seem to be staying put, so I guess it worked. For now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?