Friday, March 28, 2008

Five on Friday #7: Food Fads

What are your thoughts on the following food fads? Are they diet gospel or modern quackery? Do you find yourself following any of them?

I guess my short answer to all of these is "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know that's what I'm supposed to do," but it doesn't always happen.

  1. 100 calories
    I love 100 calorie snacks! They help to control calorie intake, and the portions are just right for my little post-gastric bypass tummy.


  2. Low Carb/Sugar Free
    Having had gastric bypass surgery, should be eating a low-sugar, high-protein diet. I do pretty well at getting my protein in (and I'm paying particular attention to it, now that I'm pregnant), but I don't do as well with the sugar thing as I should. Some people can't tolerate it at all but fortunately (or unfortunately) it doesn't make me sick at all. I don't buy this whole "carbs are evil" and "don't eat anything white" crap, though.


  3. Low Fat/Fat Free
    Hmm, see above, re sugar :-) I do try to go with lower-fat options when possible, unless I'm just being bad, and eating whatever the hell I want.


  4. Trans-Fat Free
    That's the stuff that's supposed to kill you, right? I couldn't begin to tell you what it's in and what it's not.


  5. Whole Grain
    When I'm being "good" I'll try to go for the whole grain option, but it's not a big deal for me.
Visit the Five on Friday Blog

View My Five on Friday Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?