Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Final Four

The rest of our genetic testing is in, and it looks good.

Last night's testing identified one embryo with Trisomy-X, leaving us five that are genetically normal.

Of those, the one slacker from last night is still not doing very well, so it looks like we have four good embryos.

That's better than 50% of the ones that were fertilized, and as many as we'd dared hope for.

Given the statistics chromosomal abnormalities associated with "advanced maternal age" (50% or more) we're thrilled to have only had two (< 30%) with problems there.

We'll get the final report when we arrive for the transfer, and will find out exactly how all four are looking, in terms of development, but the nurse that I talked to his morning says that she thinks we should be able to transfer two today, and freeze two for possible later use.

The clinic also called to move up our transfer time; they now want us there around 1 pm (or earlier would be okay) to transfer around 1:30 pm.

We're aiming to be on our way by 11 am, so I'd better get off the damn computer and get my lunch (and 20 - 30 oz of fluids, so as to have a full bladder when I arrive!) packed up and ready to go!

I'll have another report when we get home and I get settled in our the couch with my remote control, laptop (not sitting on my uterus) and bon-bons.

3 comments:

  1. It's 12:41, my time, so you should be transferring as I type, I assume. I'm praying. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're probably about right on that timing, LK. I don't know if the Peeps were in by then or not, but I was definitely in the stirrups, either waiting on them to come in from the lab or waiting for them to settle a bit before getting up.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?