Thursday, February 14, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #50


Oops, I'm running a bit late here, technically posting on Friday, but backdating. Don't tell anybody!)

Last week, I talked about money that I've raised lately for charities or political campaigns / organizations, this week . . .

Thirteen Political Campaigns In Which I've Been Actively Involved
When I say "actively involved," I mean volunteering by circulating nominating petitions, planning events, putting up yard signs (not just in my yard!), canvassing, phone banking, writing-in, working the polls, and other direct activities, beyond just voting and cheering them on.
  1. Anonymama for School Board, 1981 - 1999

  2. Howard Dean for President - 2004

  3. John Kerry for President - 2004

  4. Governor of BlueState (Reelection) - 2006

  5. US Senator from BlueState - 2006

  6. Congressional candidate - 2006

  7. State Representative candidate - 2006

  8. County commissioner candidates - 2007

  9. BlueState Supreme Court candidates - 2007

  10. BlueState Superior Court candidates - 2007

  11. Congressional candidate - 2008

  12. BlueState Auditor General (Reelection) - 2008

  13. BlueState Attorney General candidate - 2008

    And more to come, as soon as we have nominees in some contested primaries.

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

Thursday Thirteen Blog Roll

3 comments:

  1. Don't forget mayor when your friend's father was running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good point. I'd forgotten that we worked the polls for him one year. Probably for some of your school board buds in years that you weren't running, too.

    I also left off some BlueState folks that I've worked for (especially that I've circulated petitions for), for the sake of having exactly thirteen answers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so totally cool that you work for what you believe in. I'm an apathetic wuss. Really. LOL Great TT!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?