Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Some/Thing New

For several months now, of course, we've been trying pretty hard around here to create something someone new, and to embark on a whole new chapter in this adventure that is our lives.

Of course, I can't wait til we're actually pregnant and, more so, til we actually have a baby, rather than just thinking and talking and planning about it but, still, the idea of it actually happening is rather, shall we say, daunting.

It's easy to get caught up in the pursuit of the baby, and to not think about the reality of the baby . . . and the toddler . . . and the child . . . and the teenager . . . but when I do stop to think about that, sometimes I'm just, well, I think "terrified" would be the most accurate term.

As much as I want this - as much as I've always wanted this - I still, at times, want to say "You know what, let's just wait a little longer . . . ."

But, of course, as I was reminded last week, that's not really an option at this point.

And, I do think we're ready. I mean, as much as anyone can be ready for something so completely life-changing.

But still . . . New. Change. Scaaaarrrr-eee.

I am comforted (I think) by something that Anonymama once said about getting married, but that I think applies even more so to having children:

You're supposed to be scared. If you're not scared, you obviously don't understand the seriousness of what you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?