Thursday, January 17, 2008

Progress?

I think we've finally got what we need from MortgageBank, and can sign the home equity loan papers tomorrow.

I think we're going to do the signing in shifts, rather than making Shrike get up at the ass-crack of dawn to go with me. I can go on my way to work, and then she can stop by on her way to work.

Then, we have to do a second signing (so they know we really, really want the money?) three days, later which I suppose we'll do Monday. At that point, the money should be available. Thank God.

I also called our RE's office and found out that Nurse D is out this week (with a sick kid) and - guess what - nobody's been checking her email/voicemail either!

(I've been leaving messages on both since Sunday!)

Anyway, I talked to a different nurse and found out that I need to start taking the birth control pills today. (Took one as soon as I got home from work. That was wierd.)

We will report to Nurse D when it's Day 1 for Shrike (probably over the weekend) and she'll most likely start her pills on day 3.

This nurse says that we will do a full cycle on the pill, although from our conversation with Dr E, I thought we didn't necessarily have to. Oh well, we'll find out at some point.

I'll do 21 days, and the last 3 of those, I'll take Lupron subcutaneously (tummy shots). Then I'll stop and get a period.

Shrike will stop her pills about a week after me, also starting Lupron the last 3 days. I think she will continue with the Lupron.

I start my butt-shots on day 2 of my period, just like with the mock cycle. I think I might have to do day 3 labs/ultrasound, but I'm not sure.

I know Shrike does have to do a day 3 ultrasound (antral follicle check), and I think she starts the stimulation meds that day. She starts monitoring around day 10, I think, and when the follicles are 18+ mm, we trigger and then 36 hours later, retreive.

That should put us at the end of February for retrieval and transfer, unless they actually let us get off the pill as soon as stupid bitch tells them that we're not crazy.

More news as we have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?