Saturday, January 26, 2008

I Really Need to Read the Directions More Carefully

Shrike (in an email earlier today): Can you do me a favor tonight? I washed the comforter but am afraid to dry it while I am gone. Can you throw it in the dryer this evening?

Whozat: Sure!


So, I came home from work, remembered (all by myself) about the waiting comforter, and turned the dryer on, for its maximum time. Go me.

A few minutes ago, I thought, "Hmm, I wonder if it got completely dry. I'd better go turn it back on, to be sure. And, further more, won't it be nice to have it all warm and snuggly at bed time. While I'm at it, maybe I should rearrange it in the dryer, and turn it inside out, in case the inside parts are still damp. Go me, again."

So, I open the dryer, and it is . . . empty.

I open the washer, and there's the wet comforter.

I'm all ready to write a post titled "Could You Be More Specific?" in which I claim that Shrike just told me the dryer needed to be run, and didn't mention where the comforter was.

Then I read her email again: "Can you throw it in the dryer this evening?"

Shit.

There's really no talking my way out of this one, is there?

1 comment:

  1. I did just that with a load of clothes the other day. My first thought was "is it Altzheimers?'. Maybe just genetic.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?