Sunday, November 18, 2007

Holding Patterns

I had to work yesterday morning, and when I got home, we went over to the car dealership to sign the papers and pick up the car.

However, when we got there, we found out that they didn't have the paperwork together. After talking to our bank on Tuesday, I'd told the salesman to fax the purchase agreement to them, and they would fax back the loan approval.

He says that he gave the purchase agreement to their financing person, and asked her to send it, but now she's on vacation.

In the four days between then and when I was showing up to get the car, he never bothered to check on whether the paperwork was in, and acted like he didn't know what I was talking about when I said that he should have it. Then, the sales manager tried to shift he blame, and when I said, "So, what do we do now?" he replied, "Get a new bank."

That really pissed me off.

So, there's nothing to be done until Monday morning, when they can talk to the bank and get the paperwork.

That means that we will have to make another trip over there to sign the papers (or separate trips, unless we wait until Saturday) and that it will be a few more days before we can get the car.

If we even get it at all, because now I'm not sure I even want their fucking car.

When we left there, we looked at several other dealerships that we'd not hit last weekend. I basically told the sales people there that I had an offer, but the dealership pissed me off, and if they could give me a better deal, I'd take it.

I test drove a couple that were a better price - a 2001 (?) Kia Rio Cinco that would be $500 less than the Suzuki (out the door) and a 2002 (?) PT Cruiser (silver, not electric blue) for $200 less - but neither was a better deal, when you consider features, age, mileage and warranty.

I've cooled down a bit from being pissed off, but I'm still not sure what to do.

The Suzuki is a great little car, and a great deal, but I'm not sure that I'm in love with it. I realized as I was sitting at the dealership, waiting on the paperwork (which, of course, never came) that I was not nearly as giddy as I ought to be, for someone about to buy a car that nice.

Maybe it's just because I hate the idea of spending the money, or maybe that's just not the car that I really want, but even before yesterday, I was glad that we'd found a good car at a good price, but not overly excited about that car.

So, I just don't know what to do now. The salesman will be calling me back tomorrow, after he talks to the bank, and if we're not going to buy it, I really have to tell him then, because despite having it in writing that my $200 deposit is refundable if I change my mind, I really don't trust that we can stretch this out much further and still get it back.

I know the car is a great deal, but I also know that we can find something cheaper (we've seen cheaper).

Maybe we can't find something that nice for cheaper, but do we really need something that nice?
Shrike doesn't like the Rio for a variety of reasons, including that it's older, has more miles on it and less warranty, but I could have lived with the manual locks, windows and mirrors, and the fact that I could only put one CD at a time its player.

Maybe I'm not going to find anything we can afford that is so "WOW" that I just have to have it, but if I'm going to just be buying the car that's the smart choice, not the emotional choice, then maybe we should get a good deal on a more basic car and pay less.

Shit.

Help me, Interwebs! What to do?!?

In other news, we made the drive down to the RE's main office for monitoring this morning, and saw the following:

Uterine lining: 10.6 mm
Right side follicles: 17.1 mm, 12.0 mm
Left side follicles: 16.8 mm, 16.0 mm, 13.0 mm

The ones under 15 mm are probably too small to mature in time, which is fine, because I might be a little nervous about inseminating with five eggs. It does look like we ought to be able to get three, though.

The bigger ones are not quite ready yet, so instead of inseminating tomorrow and Tuesday, as I'd expected, I will do another FSH injection tonight, and go back for more monitoring on Tuesday morning. I'm assuming that we'll trigger Tuesday evening, and do the IUIs Wednesday and Thursday.

(Insert turkey baster joke here.)

I had to pay an additional $120 for the 2 vials of Bravelle (FSH) to do the extra injection, which I was none too thrilled about. I hope I can get my insurance to reimburse for half. They are not going to like it, since it didn't come from their very special pharmacy, but I will just explain that there was no choice; I found out this morning that I had to take it this evening. They couldn't have possibly gotten it to me by then.

So, we will inseminate sometime this week, but we don't know when and we might buy a car, too, but who the fuck knows.

1 comment:

  1. Damn, I don't know what to do about the car. I'm sorry that the jerk said that to you, though. I would have been pissed off as well. Cars are a hard thing. Even though we both LOVED our car when we bought it I couldn't sleep after we made the purchase...it was so much money and I hated spending that on a car, even one that we loved.
    Ugh, cars. Good luck.
    Crossing my fingers that those eggs and sperm make a connection this time around, also.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?