Friday, November 30, 2007

Catching Up

It seems that I've been meming (memeing?) all week, but that's about it.

I've been staying busy in the evenings, working on a couple of different websites (just some updates and new pages for some existing freelance clients), so that's kind of had me distracted.

There's nothing really exciting to tell, though. We're still waiting and wondering, of course.

I'm groping myself hourly to try to decide if my boobs hurt. I think they are starting to, but, you know, it might be the groping.

Of course, they've been sore before, to no avail.

The only thing different and possibly suspicious that I'm experiencing is that, for the past three or four days, I've felt a bit ooky pretty often. Not really nauseated, but just not quite right in the tummy, pretty much off an on all day.

I'm not sure whether to make anything of it or not. On the one hand, I tend to think, "Well, I did just eat a brownie (or way too many chocolate kisses or fill-in-the-blank)" but on the other hand, I've been eating that stuff for weeks months ever and not feeling ooky.

So, maybe . . . .

In related news, once again I must quote Nurse E: "(My) insurance company is THE DEVIL."

(Caps hers.)

Now they are saying that they only approved me for three cycles of IUIs. But, the RE's office doesn't seem to have any record of that, and I think it's the sort of thing that they would have noticed.

If we'd known that we only had three cycles paid for, we would have made different treatment decisions, and would have started out a lot more agressive than we did.

So, the RE's office is filing an appeal and we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Of course, if I've got some sticky giblets, then that will all be moot.

Well, there will still be the question of whether they will pay for what we've already done this cycle.

(Funny, they seem to have already paid for cycle #4, and for the cycle #5 meds - what the hell?)

But, if that's the last of it, we can handle that. The big problem is if we're looking at doing up to three more medicated IUI cycles with no coverage.

Nothing else new, really. Just waiting . . . .

2 comments:

  1. The waiting is the hardest part!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been around much lately, but I hope they "stick" this time!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?