Friday, November 9, 2007

Approved!

I went to see the dildo-cam again this morning, and as soon as I walked in the door of the clinic, Nurse E spotted me and came over to say, "I have great news - you've been approved for the shared risk program! Dr. E is going to talk to you about it; she's been waiting for you."

(I'll bet she had been. I was about thirty minutes late getting there!)

While I was waiting, Dr. E stopped by on her way back to her office to tell me that the problem was that she'd not made clear to the committee that I was an established patient, who'd already been trying (and failing) to get pregnant with my own eggs.

She told me that she was emailing them, "This is ridiculous!" and once she said something about me being an established patient, they were like, "OH! Well, why didn't you tell us that? That's totally different!"

So, we're still hoping, of course, that we don't need to go down that road at all, but if we do, at least we know that it might be possible to pay the toll.

Oh, I almost forgot the dildo-cam report!

I have 11 antral follicles - six on the right, and five on the left.

My FSH and Ovidrel injections were delivered today, and Shrike picked up by Clomid at our local pharmacy, so I'm ready to go!

Edited to Add:
Best part of the conversation with Dr E, other than the approval itself?

When she was telling me about emailing the committee, she did the little typing-fingers-mime-thing as she quoted herself.

Hee. I love it when other people are as dorky as I am.

3 comments:

  1. Very good. Daddy was ready to suggest that your brother write them a letter about the concept that anyone in the world except Shrike could donate. He mentioned where he thought their heads might be, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee and then there is the concept that anyone i the world except Shrike would want to get pregnant. I am very happy to wait on Whozat hand and foot while she is pregnant.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?