Friday, October 5, 2007

Whoops

Yesterday, I had to be at work at 10:30 am.

Today, I am supposed to be there at 8:30 am - but first I have to go to the lab (thirty minutes out of the way, plus at least a thirty minute wait) and have my blood drawn to confirm that I am, indeed, not pregnant.

And? So?

Last night, I did not reset my alarm clock before going to bed.

I woke up before it went off and got up around 7:45 am - the time I'd need to leave to get there at 8:30.

But, I did work about and hour and a half over on Tuesday, and I have some errands to run anyway (my teachers are getting testy because there's no candy in the back room), so I called up there a few minutes ago and left a voicemail for the part-time guy who works in the mornings.

"Hi, this is Whozat. I just wanted to let you know that I've got to make a few stops on my way in, and I should get there around, oh, 10 or so. If you need to leave before I get in, that's fine."

Sometimes, it's good to be the boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?