Friday, October 26, 2007

I'm a Huge Dork

We're having a Halloween party tomorrow evening (no, that's not the dorky part - at least I hope it won't be!) so I stopped at the grocery store on my way home this evening, because people at parties? They like to be fed.

Of course, we needed a few other things besides party food, so I ended up with a cartful.

It's rainy and coldish and nasty out, so by the time I had all my groceries in the car, I was more than ready to throw the cart in the corral and get the hell home.

As I started to put the cart away, I noticed the jumbo-pack of toilet paper on the bottom.

"Aw crap," I thought. "Now I have to open the car back up, put the toilet paper in . . . ."

Then I realized, "Oh shit! I forgot it was there when I was checking out, too! I didn't pay for it!"

I considered it for a moment, then I put it in the car, got in and started the engine, while the proverbial little devil and little angel on my shoulders fought it out.

"It's cold, it's raining and it's just toilet paper."

"You didn't pay for it!"

"Nobody will know."

"Karma will know. And you need all the good karma you can get."

Dammit.

So, I drove closer to the door, parked again, took it back into the store and paid for it.

Because, you never know, the universe might have rules against giving babies to toilet paper thieves.

3 comments:

  1. That's my girl. I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. took it back into the store and paid for it.

    Good girl! Been there done that before. Also have just said not worth it and given it back to the bagger guy and said "Oops, never mind!"


    It's rainy and coldish and nasty out

    Lows in the 40s, highs in the 70s and beautiful clear skies here. :) Finally! We were still hitting 90 last week. And we thought it was NEVER going to stop raining this year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am proud, proud, proud. I successfully taught GUILT!! Without it, we have no civilization.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?