Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #28


I've been taking Clomid since Sunday, and I'm scheduled for my last pill this evening. I'll also take my first FSH injection tonight, and another on Saturday. So far, so good, but here are some of the things I've been fretting about. (None of which have materialized - yet.)

Thirteen Possible Side Effects of Clomid and/or Injectible FSH

  1. Moodiness

  2. Night sweats / hot flashes

  3. Headaches

  4. Abdominal / pelvic bloating

  5. Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome

  6. Cramping

  7. Thinning of uterine lining

  8. Hostile mucus (irrelevant for us, since we're doing IUI)

  9. Increased chance of multiple birth

  10. Nausea

  11. Breast tenderness

  12. Ovarian pain

  13. Vaginal bleeding
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

Thursday Thirteen Blog Roll

10 comments:

  1. What?? No diarrhea?? Look on the positive side! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno, hostile mucous sounds pretty damn scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, Toni - You make a good point there.

    Shrike - Nah, just humorless, man-hating, lesbian separatist mucus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty scray the types of side affects all of the medicines and things that are supposed to help have !
    my 13 is up on
    http://momworksathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't read the side effects anymore. I hate seeing the percentage of people that drop dead from some of these things!

    Scary TT!
    http://blog.vigilant20.net/?p=1313

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'm glad that you didn't get the side effects. 'Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moodiness
    Night sweats / hot flashes
    Headaches
    Abdominal / pelvic bloating
    Cramping
    Nausea
    Breast tenderness
    Vaginal bleeding

    What are: Things I have had in the last month or so just from being peri-menopausal. Or just from being me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LK - Great. If I skate by without side effects now, I can look forward to it all in just a few years, anyway.

    One really should not be doing those two things so close together, you know.

    On the other hand, if I were like 20 years from menopause, I might not be taking Clomid/FSH.

    Maybe if I were using fresher eggs, little Zippy would have been a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It seems somehow inappropriate to say Happy TT ;)

    Good luck with that...

    ReplyDelete

What say you?