Thursday, September 20, 2007

Sperminator III: "The Charm"

Or, at least, that's what we're hoping!

Today went much like the first two go-rounds, except that it's getting to be, well, I won't say "old hat," but much less intense.

A couple of things were different this time around.

Of course, most important difference is the fact that we think I might have two eggs dropping instead of just one. That should at least double our chances of getting a keeper.

Also of importance is the change in donors. Popeye seems to be a "good producer" as well (that's the phrase Dr E used to describe BowTie, after looking at his numbers).

The vial we used today had 18 million swimmers per whatever. BowTie was, I believe 16 million the first time, and 10 million the second.

This is completely irrelevant, but they put me in a different room this time (although, I had my day 3 dildo-camming in the room where we did the first two IUIs - that was disorienting).

No, I really don't think the room matters but, hey, any little change can't hurt, might help, right?

One very nice change was that a female doctor did the insemination this time. I have nothing against male doctors, and nothing against men in general, but I have intentionally sought out female doctors because I just feel more comfortable with them (especially for issues of a gynocological nature) and I kind of like the idea of the donor being the only man involved in the process.

I didn't really think it was that big of a deal to me, but I was surprised how disappointed I was the past two cycles, when a man (two different ones, actually) walked into the room, and how thrilled I was to see a woman this time.

After the IUI, we stopped by OldWorkCenter to drop off some things. Shrike got to meet a couple of people, but most of them were at lunch. Then we got some lunch ourselves and came home.

I had some work to do for a former web development client (long story short, I'm great, her new person is not, although she's no longer a client at the company I used to work for (and for whom I still do some consulting), she's sending me work, it's being billed through them and they're paying me.) and need to "take it easy," so I thought the plan was for me to work on that while Shrike walked the dogs.

I followed her outside with them and decided it was too pretty to be inside, so I brought the laptop out in the yard. (Yippee for wireless!) I thought I could work while she and the doggies played, either before or after their walk.

It's a lovely semi-autumnal day, and I can't believe I'm actually earning money for sitting out here enjoying it, but I'm not sure what happened to Shrike. I've not seen her in about two hours, PerfectPup is lounging in the middle of the lawn, and BigGaloot just came outside as well, so I'm pretty sure they're not walking.

I suspect she's asleep somewhere. Perhaps I should go find her.

I do have a few more things to do on that website that are going to require my real computer (edit some graphics, etc) so I might have to go in soon anyway. Blech.

I think we're going to meet LiPA and some others for dinner this evening. I had to do a bit of rationalizing to convince myself that it's ok to go out to dinner, even though I'm not at work, and not going back in to work for the staff meeting.

But, I don't officially have any activity restrictions, but have been advised to "take it easy" not to "go to bed" and the issue about the staff meeting was really more about it being stressful than anything. Dinner will be relaxing, so that's fine. Right?

6 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed! Hope you get your Sweet Pea or Olive Oyl this go around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It didn't hurt that the female doctor was pretty too. Yes, I was sleeping. I just couldn't face the walk without a nap. This babymaking stuff is pretty exhausting. I don't get to fall asleep in the car on the way hoe or at least I am not supposed to. But I know just how scintillating and exciting I am every time we come home from a long trip byt the number of nods Whozat makes while she is sleeping. At least she can't mess with the air while she is asleep. I hope you are right, Special K~toni. I would like to have a little Sweet Pea Jr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Semi-autumnal in September? We are still in the 90's and watching a tropical "disturbance" headed our way. (Watch the news). Around here it rarely cools off before October, or do you remember? More seriously, hope this really is the charm. I have been thinking about it all day. Think positively!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about "semi-autumnal." I guess the first day of fall is in the next day or two. I guess we just have to face it, hurricanes and 90 degree weather ARE autumn around here.

    BTW, hang in there Baby(s)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's hoping 3rd time really is the charm for you.

    Not sure how I'd feel about a bloke doing the insems. All the nurses that do them at our clinic are female and that's felt ok, so I've never had to consider it, but I think I'd feel the same.

    Good luck with the waiting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed last night as well. Hope it was relaxing enough. :-) Good to see you both.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?