Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Not Looking So Positive

Those of you playing along at home have probably noticed the string of negative results from my daily pee-tests.

While it's not entirely impossible that a positive could suddenly pop up at 15 days post-IUI, it's not very likely.

So, I'm assuming that my beta tomorrow will be negative and, in my head, I'm already moving on - deciding what I'm drinking with dinner tomorrow evening, calculating my next possible due date (mid June - covered by short-term diability insurance, so there's a silver lining), etc.

Also, thinking about talking to Dr. E about whether / when we should up the ante and do something more than what we've done the last couple of months.

Since I am ovulating, I don't know if something like Clomid would increase our odds or not, but when we originally talked, she was referring to "two or three tries like this" so it's worth considering, especially given that we have an abundance of neither time nor money.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that things aren't looking more positive. That's too bad. I'd ask the doctor where you go from here also. It is hard to wait on stuff like this. Honestly...those weeks between the act and the test(s) were always the hardest for me also and my attempts were cheaper. If they were as costly as yours the ante would have been raised even more.
    My fingers are still crossed for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bugger, sorry to hear that this cycle might not be the one for you. Definitely speak to your Doctor. I moved from one Doctor who I felt did not provide the level of care and consultation I needed to another Doctor who is really experienced and inclusive. The change was fantastic - so keep your Dr on his/her toes and see what extra options you have. Take care of yourselves

    ReplyDelete

What say you?