Saturday, September 29, 2007

It's Implantin' Time, Sprout(s)

According to my obsession research, a zygote implants in the uterus sometime around seven to ten days after conception.

I'm currently at nine days post-ovulation, so if implantation is going to happen this cycle, it's probably going on right now.

For what it's worth, I have been feeling some intermittant, mild cramplets since, I don't know, maybe Thursday or so?

I'm hoping that's the sensation of a wee creature or two burrowing into my endometrium.

Or, it could be that grilled cheese talking back to me.

Only time - and Dollar Store home pregnancy tests - will tell.

By the way, I have to thank my honey for the title of this post, and for this cycle's nom de utero.
Although we had said we would most definitely not do this, in each of our first two cycles, we "named" the theoretical zygote within the first couple of days.

This time, though, nothing struck us right off, and we'd decided that maybe that was best.

Until a couple of nights ago, when I said to Shrike, "You know, it's implantation time," to which she replied "It's implantin' time, Sprout!"

So, Sprout it is. (Or sprouts they are, as the case may be.)

14 comments:

  1. Shrike:: We need to clean up the house.

    Whozat:: Honey, really! I am busy 'implanting' here and you're not helping! Actually you aren't doing anything!

    Shrike:: Good thing I like you.


    Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni - Are you peeking in our windows?

    I seriously had to read this a couple of times before I saw your name and realized that it wasn't Shrike who'd posted it!

    Except in real life, it's more like:

    Shrike: This house is a mess.

    Whozat: Well, I'd clean it, but I'm a delicate flower!

    Shrike: You ruin everything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. delicate flower? I tried that once with the hubs- didn't work too well. He laughed at me. A LOT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm, I will try the laughing thing. It is bound to get me in less trouble than “You ruin everything!” of maybe “Your stinky, smelly, badly behaved cats ruin everything.” I really should be faster about cleaning things up...”

    Okay, but you did ruin the desk I picked up for my shop, you did ruin my phone message when I keep the ones from all your groupies for months on end... so, no you don't ruin everything, just my things.

    But I love you in spite of myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing Galoot is on clean-up duty!

    And I really am sorry about the phone message, and the desk (although I still don't understand what was ruined about it).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Let's just pretend the housekeeper took care of it. And you leave a desk out in the weather, it is no good. Bees wee building hives in it. That could be a problem come filing time...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The housekeeper needs to get crack-a-lackin' on some dishes, too.

    Oh yeah, and I forgot about the bees. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy-shit-a-rama Batman! SHRIKE left a comment on my blog! Made my WHOLE day! I didn't think Whozat even read it! She rarely comments!

    Shrike- are you that bored you came over to my blog?lol

    Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Actually, Toni, I read it all the time (have you listed as one of my Technorati "favorites") I just rarely comment on anyone's blog but own.

    ReplyDelete
  10. No, Whozat told me about what was going on. In my previous lives, my father was USAF and my ex-husband too, so I know you have a lot of bullshit to deal with there. Sometimes, with for instance race, the military can be a great influence, but most of the time, it just screws things up royally. I hope he gets home safe to you soon. Just like everywhere else, for the most part, they don't know a good thing when they got it. Glad they somehow rose above that to recognize your husband!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shrike was married before? To a man? Did I know that? No- I knew her sister was before, right?

    Whozat- I'll have to look at my Technorati stuff. In case you haven't guessed yet- I'm not very observant. One of only a few flaws of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Toni - Go read the archives for the whole sordid story.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely not my finest hour as a human being. In fact, probably my worst hour which is really saying something.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's the will of the way, will of the way, will of the only way that could've brought me here today.

    And it's alright.

    - Indigo Girls

    ReplyDelete

What say you?