Monday, August 6, 2007

Definitely "No" Now

Well, I had my follow-up beta today, and my HCG levels are now back down into the "negative" range.

Which is, of course, what we expected, but we're still bummed.

Nurse E (as opposed to Dr. E) confirmed that there's really nothing to be done differently in the future, other than hoping that the gametes that get together next time aren't duds.

She's double-checking with Dr. E on whether there's any medical reason to skip a month before trying again.

If there's not, we're considering throwing caution to the wind and going for it again immediately.

I know, I know, I know about about the short-term disability but we really don't want to wait.

Actually, it's kind of funny, as much as I don't want to wait, I was resigned to it, until I found out how eager Shrike is to jump back on the horse and give it another shot.

So, we've not made a definite decision on that yet, but we're mulling it over.

She's pointed out that there's little we could do that would guarantee success more than trying in a month in which getting lucky would cost us an extra couple thousand dollars!

3 comments:

  1. there's little we could do that would guarantee success more than trying in a month in which getting lucky would cost us an extra couple thousand dollars

    Excellent point! That just might do the trick. Keep us posted. (Duh)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that dentist appointment. I know you hate it, but if you might try again in August, instead of waiting until September, times a wastin'! Repeat after me - good dental drugs...good dental drugs...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I know. I will look into my coverage today and try to get an appointment asap.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?