Monday, July 23, 2007

My Coworkers Are Cursing My Pets

No, not cussing them, (Why would they cuss them? They don't even know them.) - cursing them.

First, a couple of weeks ago, one of our teachers told me that she'd recently been diagnosed with Lyme Disease, and BigGaloot was diagnosed last week.

Now this:

This morning, Director told me that he'd spent a good portion of yesterday washing skunk stink off or his dog.

I said, "Our dogs haven't gotten a skunk yet. I'm sure it's just a matter of time, but not yet."

Fast forward a few hours, to the following email exchange:

Whozat: How's your day going?
Shrike: Well, it involves skunk odor remover and yours?

It seems that they were off leash in the woods during their walk. Shrike was sitting by the railroad track while they ran around for a while.

She heard PerfectPup barking and when she went to check out the situation, she saw that she had a baby skunk cornered.

She shouted "PerfectPup , noooooo!" just as PerfectPup lunged for it.

Evidently BigGaloot got a snootful of skunk stink, because he foamed at the mouth and threw up and had nothing more to do with it.

(not so)PerfectPup on the other hand, kept running around, tossing the carcass in the air and playing with it.

When she got home, Shrike stuck them in their room and went to our friendly neighborhood hardware/pet supply store for some de-skunking stuff.

You're supposed to spray it on, let it dry, then bathe them.

PerfectPup got a bath before she went to work, but she didn't attempt to bathe Galoot. I'm not really sure how that's going to happen, but it's going to have to at some point.

When I got home, I just let them out, opened the back door and closed the door to their room.

And I'm ignoring them and their stink.

So far it's working.

3 comments:

  1. Ewww! That's gotta be awful!

    The dogs have their own room? I want my own room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cats have their own room too. The kiddo will have to live in the basement. The dogs might be getting their own house if they can't manage to smell better. And I might be living there with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The only thing soyless in the house seems to be baked beans.

    I may have my own room, too, soon.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?