Monday, July 16, 2007

The Game Plan

I spent a good portion of today on the phone with various players in the drama that is our lives these days.

I spoke with our financial coordinator from Dr. E's office a couple of times, and it seems that my insurance pre-approval has finally come through for this cycle. They'll have to ask for it again each cycle, but that's just a formality.

Also good to know is that it's back-dated to my first consultation with them, so I will be reimbursed for 50% what of I've spent there so far, as well as 50% of what's to come.

(Up to an out-of-pocket total of $2000 for out-of-network providers, then we don't pay anymore. It shouldn't take long to hit that at $295 a pop for a 2 minute ultrasound, just to give you an example.)

I also spoke to the insurance company directly, and found out that not only have they already processed the claim for the $1314.24 lab bill from May 1, when I had coverage but no card yet, but they paid the lab for it, instead of reimbursing me.

So, I called the lab and pointed out that, not only did I give them $1314.24 on May 1, but my insurance company sent them $441.75 (that's all the contract allows them to pay for the very same services that they charged me over $900 more for) on June 6 - like six fucking weeks ago.

"Oh, we owe you some money, don't we," says LabLady.

"Yes, indeedy!" says I.

(Really. I actually said "Yes, indeedy." Because I am, indeedy, a big dork.)

They will be refunding $1294.24 (the charge, minus a $40 copay) to my credit card. Whew!

Now, finally, to the part you've been waiting for!

After a few rounds of phone tag, I also talked to my nurse and I am scheduled for another ultrasound, as well as bloodwork at 7:fucking:45 tomorrow morning.

Please note that tomorrow is a Tuesday, one of the days on which I don't have to be at work until 10:30 am.

Needless to say, rather than just fucking around for two hours, I'll go on in to work when I'm done being poked and, um, prodded, and will pick up a bit of comp time, which I'll probably need later in the week. (Woo Hoo!)

At the time of the ultrasound, I'll find out how big my follicle is now, and the bloodwork will tell me whether I'm getting an LH surge yet.

The nurse will give me a call back in the afternoon with the blood results and further instructions.

If the follicle is 21+ mm and I'm surging, I will take the triggering shot tomorrow evening (depending on the timing, I may end up having to give it to myself - ack!) and we'll inseminate on Thursday morning.

If neither of those things is happening (what if only one is?!?) I'm guessing that they'll have me go back on Wednesday for another round of blood/ultrasound and we'll go from there.

I've told the relevant people at work, and ED2 has instructed me to take off the whole day when we inseminate, go right home afterward and "take it easy."

Not a bad plan, actually, and when your boss tells you take the day off work, you don't argue with her!

You can bet I'll be posting tomorrow evening with more information, as soon as I have it!

4 comments:

  1. I hope it all goes well at the ass crack of dawn tomorrow!

    The hubs has been gone for 5 weeks so far, I would appreciate it if you could refrain from using certain words, such as prodded. Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    Don't be too jealous about the prodding, though. It lasts all of about 2 minutes, and I don't even get dinner and a movie.

    Also, it costs me about $300 a pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...take off the whole day when we inseminate, go right home afterward and "take it easy."

    I'm remembering the episode of "Roseanne" where she is laying on the bed with her legs in the air and references "me and God, creating life"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really. I actually said "Yes, indeedy. Because I am, indeedy, a big dork. HAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?