Friday, June 22, 2007

Information: A Blog Post In Two Acts

Act I: "Information"
As everyone knows by now, our vial of sperm was returned to the bank earlier this week, since we weren't able to use it this cycle.

When I talked to them on Tuesday, they said that they'd call when it was processed in "the system" so I could let them know what to do with it.

They left a message on the answering machine yesterday,

"Um, this is Some-Chick, from Name-of-bank-minus-the-"cryobank"-part, and we received the, uh, um, information . . . ."

So, now we have yet another name for it.



Act II: Too Much Information
Earlier today, Shrike had her blood drawn for the tests that the RE requires.

Later, the lab called and left a message saying that they needed to get some more information from her.

When she called back, they said that they had three questions, regarding consent.

(I assume that's about the HIV test?)

The first question was "Do you understand why you're having this test?"

She said, "Well, my partner is trying to get pregnant, and I have to be tested for STDs, too."

"Ok, so that's a 'yes'?"

"Um, yeah. 'Yes.'"

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me the other day of the optomotrist visit in which the little 12-year-old girl asked me "Do you remember your last visit" and I said, "Vaguely.”

    Just ask me what you want to know, for God's sake!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?