Wednesday, March 21, 2007

No News . . .

I've not heard anything yet from OldJob about my request to go back to work there fulltime.

I'm hoping that means that he didn't automatically say "Hell no!" and that they are just discussing how to most diplomatically fire the other guy, so they can have me back as soon as possible.

I'm hoping.

In the meantime, no news on StateJob either, but that's good, because I'd rather know about OldJob first.

I did get a call from a tutoring center about a 1/2 hour away (and an hour from OldJob). I'd sent them (and the location that's about five minutes from my house) my resume a week or so ago.

I moonlighed the same chain of tutoring centers for one school year when I lived in Houston and it wasn't a bad gig. It's a fairly easy way to pick up some extra money.

However, if I am going back to OldJob, I don't know that I'll be able to work it out schedule-wise.

I have placed ads on Craigslist and the the CountyShopper (our local free classifieds weekly), for private tutoring. It's report card time here, so I'm hoping that lots of parents are suddenly realizing that they need to pay me $15 or $20 an hour to make sure their kid passes math (or just about anything else) this year!

Even working fulltime, if I could pick up a couple of hours a week of tutoring, that would help to pad the savings a bit, before we have a wee tot to worry about.

And if I'm still not working fulltime for a while, all the more reason to do it.

Dammit. Why didn't I think of this four months ago?!?

2 comments:

  1. Yes, why didn't you? Not much more to say, feeling pretty run down, it's 9:14 pm- going to bed- more tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a good question. I guess mostly because I didn't think it would take this long to find a fulltime job, and I didn't realize that I needed to be doing other things to supplement my unemployment benefits.

    And I'm stupid.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?