Friday, March 23, 2007

Did I Miss Something Here?

What the hell is going on?

Another email, arrived moments ago:

From : (new person, different from before)
Sent : Friday, March 23, 2007 11:50 PM
To: (whozat)
Subject : AM INTRESTED IN YOUR LESSON/TUTOR


Hey,How re u doing?My name is HisName I'm Married to (Mrs WifeName) that's my wife with 2 children.One Girl and a Boy Lisa And John.I'm based in United Kingdom but a nationality of United state.I was born and brought up in Albany ny .
I saw your Advert of your lesson and tutorial on craigslist and wont mind having you as the teacher of my kids because i really want you to teach them and let them know more about your profession because they are coming to the state for some months to spend their holiday.
I really want you to please explain more about the part you are much better in teaching to me so that i can know the best part you can teach my kids so that they can catch up and know it within a little period of time.also i want you to tell me something about your payment,the terms,amount, and also let me know if you'll be receiving the payment monthly/weekly.Please try to get back to me Asap and get me updated to my private email(address)

3 comments:

  1. Have you thought of simply putting an ad in your local paper? I've never used Craiglist, so I don't know jack about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably will run an ad in the regular paper, but CraigsList is free and I thought the CountyShopper would be free, too.

    They called to tell me that "work wanted" ads aren't free (because, you know, we unemployed folks have so much money to spare!) but I went for it.

    It's only $14 for a week, so if I get one hour of work from it, I'll be covered.

    As to these emails, I must be missing something. I'm thinking now that I've heard from three separate people.

    (Or have I?)

    I'm trying to figure out where the scam is.

    If I say yes, are they going to ask for my bank account or credit card number?

    Is "teach my child lessons" some sort of underground code for "let me take naked photos of you?"

    Is their kid going to kill me and cut me up in little pieces?

    All I know is that this person is not a native English speaker, so I'm having trouble believing that he is a nationality of United State, or that he was born and brought up in Albany, NY.

    It just makes no sense!

    If anyone has any insight, please enlighten me!

    ReplyDelete

What say you?