Monday, February 26, 2007

Hop in the Way-Back Machine!

Before I quit my job last summer to work for the BlueState Democratic Party, I was a web developer for about 6.5 years. I'd taught myself and was very lucky to find a company willing to hire me, although I really wasn't qualified at the time. I learned a lot on that job and I'd like to think that I got to be pretty good at it.

The first website I ever created was a very primative, very cheesy, very 1998 (hey - it WAS 1998!) personal site for the two of us - the original web incarnation "Shrike & Whozat."

I made the site as a suprise for Shrike while she was in BlueState visiting her family during the first Christmas that we were together (living in Texas). I used Netscape Composer (shudder) and thought, "Hey this is fun. It would be really cool to get paid for doing it all day!"

As my web development skills increased, the site went through a couple of redesigns and major overhauls and eventually I kind of lost interest and took the site offline because I was no longer maintaining it with any kind of regularity.

(Shrike also wasn't too keen on my sharing all our business with the internets, but I guess I've convinced her to let me give that another try!)

This was all before the Age of the Blog, but the site included "Our Story" - the tale of how we met, "Latest News" - a periodic journal of our adventures, and "Our Wedding" - a diary chronicling the planning of our commitment ceremony (February 10, 2001).

So, in the interest of providing a bit of history about us and of providing some worthwhile (I'd like to think) content here, from the "get-go," I'm in the process of reposting the information from our old site.

I'm dating the entries to when they were originally posted, which explains the posts from 1999 - 2004, followed by big gap, and then a "welcome to my new blog!" post.

So, check out the archives and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What say you?