Sunday, August 12, 2007

Week in Review

It's been a kind of crazy week, and lots of things have happened that I'd really love to blog about in detail, but probably shouldn't, for reasons of anonymity and/or professional discretion. However, I'll try to relate the gist of it.

As I've mentioned, I started the new and improved job, in NewWorkTown, on Monday. I suppose it's going okay, but I'm still trying to find my way around at the new center, and figure out how things are done there.

I've not had a chance to spend much time getting to know many of the teachers or students, but I have talked to several parents. We kind of had a run of folks that were less than happy about one thing or another (mostly unfounded and a little, um, crazy, in my opinion) so that's been rather stressful.

On the other hand, I also had a couple of really successful conferences, both in terms of sending folks home happy and in terms of the "sales" part of the job, so that was nice.

I even got singled out by BigBoss as a good example of how to promote the new special deal that we're offering (the one we introduced to the directors last Friday). That was kind of cool, but also a bit "Oh no! Now I just sound like the 'teacher's pet!'"

In the political realm, it's been a busy week, too. We had a big event for our county Democratic Party yesterday, and I was the main coordinator for it.

It went really well - beautiful weather, good turnout, great speakers (including our Governor), excellent press coverage (including me on TV!).

Meanwhile, of course, there was the definitively negative beta on Monday, a couple of days of spotting, and then I finally actually started the new cycle on Thursday.

That's not been too bad, except that yesterday, during setup and the first hour or two of the event, I was cramping something awful.

I don't know that the cramps were actually that much worse than usually, but definitely lasted longer and it was all intensified by being hot and sweaty, needing to eat (but feeling about half nauseated by the cramps) and having to be "on" and in charge and friendly and talking to people and so on.

I'm hoping folks just thought I was being really attentive to the speakers, sitting and listening instead of bopping all around, but one person (who is in on the whole story) did ask if I was feeling okay.

I finally remembered that I had some Tylenol with me and once that kicked in, I felt fine and very much enjoyed the rest of the afternoon.

I will refrain from going into much detail about anything else of a menstrual nature, but suffice it to say that, in addition to the cramps, I am reminded that this is not a typical period.

Nurse E had warned me to expect it to be more so than usual, primarily due to the prometrium that I was taking for 18 days, but beyond just the ick factor, that's still kind of hard.

Today was spent mostly laying around the house bitching about the fact that we were just laying around the house, and wanting to go do something fun, but having no idea what might be fun.

We finally managed to get dressed and go out to dinner; that was quite an accomplishment.

Now, back home and bored again. Shrike's watching something on tv that seems to involve screaming and perhaps shooting. I think I'll pass on that.

1 comment:

  1. It is just plain fun watching the bad guys get it in the end. Or the head or chest as the case may be. Doesn't happen much in real life. Although we've both outlived Jerry Falwell. The magic of movies.

    ReplyDelete

What say you?