Yesterday, on our way home from the perinatologist, I told Shrike about today's topic and said, "That should be easy. I can come up with at least ten things, just about Peeper!"
She replied, "Maybe you ought to expand your repetoire, so people don't lose interest," so I'll try to throw in a few non-pregnancy/parenting related fears and freak-outs.
- Regardless of what I said above, my absolute #1 freak-out topic these days is "Oh my God, I'm having a baby in two months!"
- Heights. I don't even like watching someone else in a high place. It makes my knees tingle.
- There's a human moving around inside me. (Freeek-eee!)
- Bugs. In particular, cockroaches. (Ugh, I have to shudder a little bit, just typing it.)
- Is Peeper okay? (Which is slowly being replaced with "Is she going to stay put til she's done baking?")
- I'm forty years old. When / how the fuck did that happen?!?
- Injuries to finger/toe nails. Creepy, creepy, creepy.
- Parenting. Pretty much the whole thing.
- Did I mention that I'm having a baby in two months?!?